Well, 2020 has certainly not been the year any of us expected. As the country bathed in glorious sunshine, Covid-19 was rife, we were in lockdown and wondering when we might ever see friends or family in person rather than on zoom calls or houseparty bingo!
We are so relieved that the Western Isles was barely affected by Covid and, of course, islanders and local businesses all took extreme care to ensure that it stayed that way.
It was wonderful to be able to welcome visitors back a few weeks ago.
We wanted the cottage to be absolutely ready so that visits would as safe and pleasant as possible.
- The cottage was accredited to the Visit Scotland “Good to Go” industry standard for our hygiene measures.
- We supplied staff with PPE and hand sanitisers.
- Cleaning products used include virucidal disinfectant accredited to EN14476.
- We installed a key safe so that the cleaned, disinfected key is left securely for a contact-free check-in.
- All bed linens and towels are provided, laundered according to Government guidelines. However, you are very welcome to bring your own, if you prefer.
- As a precaution, we have temporarily suspended some of the creature comforts usually offered, like extra cushions and throws.
- While our usual welcome tray has also been temporarily suspended for hygiene reasons, there is a Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee maker so you can pack some of your favourite coffee pods to enjoy during your stay.
- The cottage is left cleaned and disinfected for your arrival and supplies of cleaning equipment will be left for use during your stay, should you wish.
- While many of the excellent cafes and restaurants are now opening, some may be operating limited hours, so we have left a picnic basket, some flasks and extra plastic containers so that you can pack some snacks to take out with you.
Delighted to see you all again – stay safe and enjoy North Uist!